Clinical Caregivers: Using Spectra for HIPAA compliant communication
In order to use Spectra Care to compliantly communicate with your clinical care team and/or your patients and their families, follow the steps below to ensure your compliance is verified and documented to the extent necessary by law:
- Access Spectra Care on any device via our web portal or iOS app.
- Sign in and/or create your account.
- Depending on wether or not a team has already invited you to be a member of their organization in Spectra, you can either...
IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO A CLINICAL TEAM:
- You will be prompted to join this team to receive your clinical "badge" that will appear next to your picture in groups you are a part of.
- Accept this invite to become a part of this team. This badge verifies you as a clinical professional and shows your HIPAA compliance to any/all members of your group(s).
- Don't see your invite but know you should be invited to a team? Contact your team administrator if you know your organization has already created a Spectra Team if you do not see your invite when you have signed in, they may have sent your invite to another contact method different from the one you used to create your account.
IF YOU ARE NOT YET ON A CLINICAL TEAM:
- Tap on the heart+badge icon in the ME section to begin your verification process OR email us directly at email@example.com including your account information (Name, Email, Cell Phone number)
- Complete this Business Associates Agreement (BAA) and include your payment information* and your account will be BADGED so that you can provide Spectra as a service to your team, patients, and patients' families.**